National Research University «Moscow Power Engineering Institute» has launched a new Masters programme in the field «Intellectual systems of safety, automatisation and energy system management»
National Research University «Moscow Power Engineering Institute», the leading Russian university in the sphere of energy, electricity, radio technologies, electronics, IT and management was established in 1930.
MPEI has 12 institutions, 65 departments, 176 research and development laboratories, a plant, a unique CHP, the largest scientific and technical library in the country and more. The university is in charge of the theme group «Energy» within the BRICS network university.
The master programme «Intellectual systems of safety, automatisation and energy system management» covers important directions of electricity development in BRIS countries. New disciplines aim at training specialists for the realisation of the programme «Digital Economics»of the Ministry of the Energy of the Russian Federation and covers such disciplines as:
- Methods of optimisation
- Implementation of artificial intelligence methods in electricity
- Local area network and transmission processing protocols
- Common information frameworks and ontology in relay protection and automatic control of energy systems
- Adjusting and testing of microprocessor diagnosing device of relay protection and automatic control of the appropriate CIE
- Automated technological processes management systems on substations
- Implementation of the knowledge base in electricity
- Multiagent systems in electricity
- Digital signal processing, synchronised vector and hyper vector measurements
Master programme is also available for international students because the programme is taught in English.
Presentation material about the master programme is presented below.
YEA BRICS and NRU MPEI are strategic partners in development of joint scientific and educational projects in energy in BRICS countries. In 2018 NRU MPEI was a partner of YEA BRICS Summit in Moscow, which took place within the international forum “Russian Energy Week”.
You can send all your questions on the master’s program to Info@yeabrics.org or directly to the NRU MPEI.