BRICS Youth Energy Agency takes pleasure to announce the BRICS Festival of Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving #TogetherBrighter which is scheduled for October 10, 2020 in the City of Saransk, Republic of Mordovia (Russia). The festival is aimed to promote energy efficient lifestyle and expert discussions on energy efficiency of industries and households on different levels.
The Festival 2020 will take place as a videoconference due to COVID-19 restrictions imposed on international traveling and with regards to well-being of international delegates.
This year, the Festival honors the scientific cooperation and studies between BRICS countries dedicated to energy efficiency and energy saving along with cross-generational dialogue between established leaders of the industry and young aspiring professionals.
We also offer speaker opportunities for young people from BRICS countries. To apply, please click here.
The programme of the Festival 2020 includes:
- The Peer Dialogue: The discussion for established energy leaders and young professionals about the need for increasing energy efficiency in industries and households.
- Mr. Igor Chadov, Minister of Utilities, Energy and Civil Defense, Government of Mordovia (Russia)
- Dr. Dhevan Pillay, President of EASA (ESCO Association of Southern Africa) and Group CEO of LTM (South Africa)
- Ms. Devaksha Maharaj, Managing Director, Ikigai Engineering (South Africa)
- Mr. Jaimin Parikh, Pathways Fellow, UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (India)
- Mr. Anton Golyanin, PhD Student, National Research Ogarev Mordovia State University, Engineer of the Department for Heat Power Engineering (Russia)
- The #TogetherBrighter Campaign: Participants from BRICS countries shoot videos about the journey of the festival’s mascot Bee Teksic across BRICS countries. The video will be introduced at the Opening of the Festival.
- The BRICS Conference on Energy Saving and Energy Efficiency #TogetherBrighter: Prior to the presentation of the BRICS Youth Energy Outlook 2020, young researchers gather to discuss their relevant studies in three parallel discussions.
The event is organized by the Government of Mordovia and the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation with support of the BRICS Youth Energy Agency.
Registration for the Festival has been arranged online here and is required to take part in the event and get a certificate of participation.
Live-stream will be arranged on YouTube on the following links: